Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 13

With less than 24 hours left to go I look back on the last two weeks astonished that the goal has actually been accomplished. I know that people have fasted for much longer periods of time (and to them I tip my hat) but for myself I know that I have never gone for more than a day without food and for me this is almost worthy of Man Scouts badge or something (I was never a boy scout or cub scout but I am a woodsman and so I think Man Scouts is legitimate).

Anyways, besides the self-glorification of that first paragraph, if anyone reading this is inspired to do this cleansing/fast/diet, please, please, please give it consideration first. If you have an active lifestyle this may not be for you. Fortunately, as a student I have a mostly sedentary life and could do this without taxing my body terribly. But if your life demands much of your body, carefully consider the risks of adding additional stress.

Also, these last few days the mental struggle has become bothersome. I have gotten more forgetful and often lose my train of thought in the middle of a sentence. So, that's interesting.

One last post tomorrow. Only 18 hours to go.

No comments: